The Children of Haiti Need You!
Now that our Harvest of Hope farm equipment has been delivered to Pastor Jean Paul, the time has come to sow Seeds of Hope for our children in Haiti. They are counting on us to fully equip our Haitian brothers and sisters with hand tools, a water pump, and especially many bags of seed in order to bring about a bountiful Harvest of Hope. We want to make sure that our project farmers have all of the tools that they need to succeed, as well as receiving a fair and living weekly wage while they work the land. In order to accomplish all of this we need your partnership:
- Laborer Wages — 10 men working full time at $35 per week = $350 (week) or $1400 (month)
- Large Capacity Water Pump and many feet of pvc piping — $15,000
- Seed Bags sufficient to sow a large portion of the acreage — $5,000
- Various hoes, rakes, shovels, and other handtools — $2,000
Please make a special investment today in our Harvest of Hope project and pray for the Lord’s blessing upon it, that there will indeed be a bountiful harvest soon!
Rev. Martin Hawley, director of development
Eight Months Full of God’s Steadfast Love
What an amazing eight months it has been since the devastating earthquake of January 12 in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. We have personally witnessed the tragedies and triumphs in the lives of many of God’s people there. Pastor Martin Hawley, our director of development, and I have made two trips together this year, and in our last Ref Hope Report shared the account and pictures of the new church and school buildings which were dedicated at the end of June. Wonderful things have continued to happen, by God’s grace and power, through Pastor Jean Paul and the work of Reformation Hope. Rejoice with us and please continue to pray for the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to spread in Haiti in word and deed! We have provided items of prayer below as a guide for our partners in ministry.
Sincerely in Christ Jesus,
Pastor Alan A. Lutz, board chairman
Purposeful Prayer for the Mission of Reformation Hope
Items of Thanksgiving
- All customs fees are paid on the agricultural equipment and customs cleared.
- All funds needed to finish the school building have been sent.
- Pastor Jean Paul is connecting with ministries in Santo Domingo.
- Mission to the World teams have worked on the school building (August) and will set up a medical clinic for a week (September).
- Band instruments are being donated for the school.
- Pastor Jean Paul now has continual web access.
Needs for Prayer
- The school year beginning in October.
- The next RHI mission team launching the Harvest of Hope agri-project.
- Funds for remaining to complete Harvest of Hope.
- Mission to the World’s Global Missions Conference November 5-7 and RHI’s participation.
- Our board of directors and their strategic plan and projects.
Haitian Ministry Coalition Forming
Reformation Hope is proud to announce its participation in the launching of a new coalition of missions and development agencies working in Haiti. This up and coming organization is called The North American Haiti Partnership, and will network churches and organizations with carefully assessed and approved pastors and ministries operating in Haiti. There will be much more information coming soon.